Ft Myers Beach Area Attractions You Don’t Want to Miss
Ft Myers Beach is widely known for its picturesque sandy beaches set as a glimmering jewel at the Gulf of Mexico, so visiting is a must whether you are an out-of-state traveler or a fellow Floridian looking for a break from city life. However, this area is far more than just beach-front resorts. There are a ton of attractions to enjoy, sites to see, and places to visit while you are here. Make sure your visit to Ft Myers Beach or Wyndham Garden Hotel includes time to check out some of these area attractions.
Take time to enjoy area points of interest.
If you’re planning a trip to Ft Myers Beach, you are definitely going to want to see a few of the most prominent area attractions. Just 18 miles away lies Edison & Ford Winter Estates, which boasts a full 20 acres to explore. Here you will find the Edison Botanic Research Lab and Museum, historic buildings, and gorgeous lush gardens to stroll through.
If you are looking for a family adventure, head 22 miles away to Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens. This wildlife sanctuary is filled with native and exotic wildlife, including alligators, giraffes, and cheetahs. The zoo offers fun activities for all to enjoy, from the youngest of your traveling crew to the oldest.
Find a plethora of sports and entertainment opportunities.
If you are all about sports, Ft Myers has plenty to offer to hold your interest while you are visiting. A few destinations you will want to add to your travel itinerary include:
- Naples Fort Myers Greyhound Racing and Poker – Place bets on major stakes races or try your hand at other poker fun in the Poker Room, which is a casino-style facility.
- Minnesota Twins Spring Training – at Hammond Stadium – Home to Minnesota Twins spring training endeavors, this stadium is the ideal place to stop for a visit.
- Germain Arena – The Germain Arena hosts thousands of different events every year, including shows from Disney on Ice and The Harlem Globetrotters.
- Boston Red Sox Spring Training – at JetBlue Park at Fenway South – Catch up with your favorite team in the spring at this field that has the exact design as Fenway Park or stay and watch a Gulf Coast League Red Sox Rookie Level game.
- Fish Tale Marina – If water sports are your idea of fun, this place offers every kind of boat rental you can imagine, from pontoons and skiffs, to full-on fishing boat charters with a guide for deep-sea fishing.
- Key West Express – Climb aboard this fast ferry and hitch a ride to Key West. On board you get to enjoy cabins, cocktails, and entertainment.
Don’t forget to check out local shopping.
At Ft Myers Beach Pier, you find your own shopping and dining oasis, Times Square. This area is an incredibly enjoyable place to spend the day shopping. Considered the downtown area, this hotspot is dotted with quaint little shops and cafes, restaurants where you can enjoy local seafood favorites, and a colorful array of spots to find the best souvenirs to take back home. Not only is Times Square the ideal place to go to shop, this is also where you can catch a ride on a dinner cruise, sign up for sightseeing tours of the area, or even rent a boat.
Relax and have fun with the whole family on the beach.
The beaches of Ft Myers Beach are easily an attraction all on their own. Head out on the sandy shores and enjoy the calm waters and gentle waves the area is known for, especially if you have children ready to hit the water. Umbrella and canopy rentals can keep you shielded from the sun while you relax shore side. However, there are plenty of water sport adventures to enjoy as well, such as parasailing sessions, jet-ski rentals, fishing, boating, and even dolphin tours.