Want to Make History?
Celebrate National Seashell Day in a Record-Breaking Way!
Participants in this attempt to break the record are encouraged to bring canned food or nonperishable items on the day of the event to benefit the United Way’s support of area food banks.
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Complimentary parking is provided for all guests with overnight accommodations. The event will take place next door to the hotel.
6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. under the Tiki Hut at the Outrigger Beach Resort.
6200 Estero Blvd
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
In celebration of National Seashell Day, the Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau is organizing an event to break a record for the largest human image of a seashell.
This record is held currently by the Shell Oil Co. Their human image of a seashell was achieved on October 17, 2017, and consisted of 855 participants.
As the seashell capital of the world, the Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau believes this record should be held by The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel.
- All volunteers will be entered to win two round-trip tickets on the Key West Express. Winner must be present at the event to redeem.
- Please bring your own refillable water bottle – free water and fruit will be provided at the event location.
- Limited tent seating available – please bring a beach blanket or towel and sunscreen.
- All participants will receive a free hat and a free commemorative 2018 National Seashell Day T-shirt.
- Please wear khaki colored shorts or pants.
- No pets allowed.